cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of file info

Loss of file info

Yaknu
New member | Level 2

My original request was profoundly simple, but that changed quickly. Here goes...  I am using two video editors to compare.  The original file resides on Dropbox.  So I need to download my video file to two unique folders, no connection to each other, if possible I;ll rename them.. That is not the problem, .. The problem is I need to know if I download a video file if the original is taken OUT of dropbox.?  Simple.  

While looking to answer my question, the system prompt suggested I ask the community.  I WAS LOGGED IN, and recognized. However, when I clicked the "Ask the community," a box said, complete your profile.  So I put in my name, No Good, a secondary name, NO Good, my Email, No good, remember, I was logged in. So I logged out then back. Same thing. It did not recognize me. I been here for more than 10 or 15 years, until now no problem. The only way I got into the forum is to make up a name.  To keep adding more stuff to a member who is already logged in is odd.  Anyway, I merely need to download a file and not lose the original parked here..... one  more question, How do I copy or duplicate a file on dropbox?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Loss of file info

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Yaknu; welcome to our Community!

As for your initial concern, no, downloading a file from our website won't remove it from your account. 

Regarding your additional query now, it seems like you just joined our Community and were prompted to complete your profile which is separate from your Dropbox account. 

Lastly, you can copy any file from your account's content by selecting it and choosing the relevant option from the ellipsis button. 

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Yaknu; welcome to our Community!

As for your initial concern, no, downloading a file from our website won't remove it from your account. 

Regarding your additional query now, it seems like you just joined our Community and were prompted to complete your profile which is separate from your Dropbox account. 

Lastly, you can copy any file from your account's content by selecting it and choosing the relevant option from the ellipsis button. 

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Yaknu
New member | Level 2

That is a nicely stated answer.  Yes it helped totally.  Thank you. 

Onward...

Walter
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that @Yaknu.

See you around the Community and enjoy the rest of your day! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?