cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 6 months of updates on all my folders and files

Lost 6 months of updates on all my folders and files

guilhermesaieg
New member | Level 2

Hello,

Please can someone help me figuring out this problem ?

I've just changed my PC and downloaded the Dropbox application so I can have my files on local. After installation, what I see is a view of my files and folders that was last updated on May 2021, even though I often update those (last update of some files should be from last week). Does someone know what might have happened ? I'm quite worried...

Thanks a lot,

Guilherme

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lost 6 months of updates on all my folders and files

Mark
Super User II

On your current machine I'd suggest doing a backup of files to be safe before you do anything on the new one.

On your old machine its probably worth doing a reinstall: www.dropbox.com/downloading

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Hi

What does www.dropbox.com/events show? Does that list the updates to your files?

If NOT then Dropbox, for whatever reason, wasnt running on your old machine and so they've not sync'd 😞 You will need to go back to your old machine, run Dropbox and get them to upload from there

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

guilhermesaieg
New member | Level 2

Thanks a lot for your help. Indeed, the events page doesn't show records of the modifications I made in my files. I guess I'll just have to return to my old machine to do the sync.

I'll try that. Thanks again,

Guilherme

Mark
Super User II

On your current machine I'd suggest doing a backup of files to be safe before you do anything on the new one.

On your old machine its probably worth doing a reinstall: www.dropbox.com/downloading

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    guilhermesaieg New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?