cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost / Disappeared Data from Dropbox

Lost / Disappeared Data from Dropbox

New member | Level 2

Hi, I lost my lot of important data from dropbox automatically even its not showing under deleted files. Please help me

3 Replies 3

Re: Lost / Disappeared Data from Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hi there @muhammadwaleed20; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear about your missing files.

Assuming that those were successfully uploaded to your account at some point, can you please let me know if you can see any sign of them in your events page

Keep me posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2
Sir, I was using dropbox from last 10 years, and never found any issue except this. The files which are disapeared/lost was fully uploaded on dropbox and I was using them from long time. But its disappear suddenly now some files are available but most of the files are not available. Please help me to retrieve them. Thanks for your reply

Dropboxer

If you're sure that you're looking at the correct account, could you take a look at your shared tab @muhammadwaleed20?

If those were shared folders for example, they would show up in this page for you to add back to your account. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?