cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Files

mireecam
New member | Level 2

I have lost all of my files all the way back to 2010. These photos are my LIFE and I have tried everything to recover them. I never paid for extra storage on drop box and never turned on camera upload so I am clueless as what to do next. Can someone help me please to see if they are still on dropbox servers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lost Files

ITConsultingAfrica
Collaborator | Level 10
Hi there

Are you sure you are connected to the correct Dropbox account? Also, when last did you access your account?

Regards

Casper

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ITConsultingAfrica
Collaborator | Level 10
Hi there

Are you sure you are connected to the correct Dropbox account? Also, when last did you access your account?

Regards

Casper

View solution in original post

mireecam
New member | Level 2

omg thank you! dropbox somehow did a auto log in with my gmail dropbox account instead of my yahoo account and I hadnt notice until you mentioned that! thanks so much.

ellanamae
Explorer | Level 3
Mine was lost too out of nowhere. Is it possible to have it recovered aaaahhhh those are my id’s inside

Walter
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that @ellanamae.

Have you checked your deleted files page and/or your events page to see if you can find any sign of your missing files?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ellanamae
Explorer | Level 3
My lost files weren’t there in the recently deleted. So disappointing I have book pdfs in there :((

Mark
Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing @ellanamae ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ellanamae
Explorer | Level 3
It says nothing I deleted.. last one says I added media_fallback idk whats that

Megan
Dropboxer
Sorry to jump in here @ellanamae, but could you maybe have two different Dropbox accounts? 

Also, when was the last time you saw the content on the website

Keep up posted!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    ellanamae Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?