cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost data/whole old account

Lost data/whole old account

Kristyne
New member | Level 2

I can't access my old data. I can only guess that my old account was wiped out when a new laptop gave me a "free trial" of dropbox and now I can't access my old documents. Do two accounts exist or is my stuff gone for forever? Bizarrely, when I log in and my documents load in, it looks like it's loading one list and then switches to load up another list. 

Does anyone have recommendations for a fix or something more reliable than dropbox? I was going to upgrade my dropbox account because I want to organize my digital life and have a place to send my Rocketbook notes. But I'm afraid of going all-in on something that already lost my content.

I can't seem to get to a human to answer my questions or look for my old account.  My only options were the chatbot and the community forum. The chat bot told me to ask here in the community.

I appreciate any help.

1 Reply 1

Re: Lost data/whole old account

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi @Kristyne, I hope you're having a good day!

Since you mentioned seeing something strange, can you let me know if you see the same behaviour when you use an incognito/private browsing window?

How about when using another web browser altogether?

It would only be possible to have one Dropbox account under a specific email address, so is it possible there is a typo in the email you used to sign in with for the free trial?

Let me know and we can go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?