cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost files from business to individual

Lost files from business to individual

Anthonyflux
Explorer | Level 3

Hey guys a few months ago I switch from business to an individual plan before the business plan trial was over I had a member of my team upload files and I no longer see an individual plan is there a way to recover it?

7 Replies 7

Re: Lost files from business to individual

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @Anthonyflux, thanks for joining our Community!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, could you please let me know what is your account's plan tab reporting at the moment? 

In regards to your missing files, do you see any sign of them in your deleted files page or the events page?

Keep me posted, Anthony! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Anthonyflux
Explorer | Level 3
Hello, thanks for the reply. It’s plus. I’m logged into a different email for some reason on my iPhone that I’m typing this in. I have an active plus account on another email. @walter

I reviewed every events file that pertains to the estimated date these files were Uploaded without luck. I also checked the deleted file.

I had the girl login into my team using Dropbox business and she put the images there. It’s using a different email as well.

Any tips?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Anthonyflux, are you certain they're adding the files to the correct account?

Are the files being added into a shared folder that you have access to?

Since you're not longer part of a team, since you're on a personal Plus plan, they might be adding it to their own account in a private folder.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Anthonyflux
Explorer | Level 3
Yes. I had already received the files and viewed it.

I checked back and it’s no longer there. It wasn’t a shared folder. It was under her account that I made for her. I can give you the email address.

Jay
Dropboxer
If it's her account, then she can login and access it, and then share the files to your account.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Anthonyflux
Explorer | Level 3
It’s my account that I created through Dropbox business. It gives an option to add an email.

She logged into it using business and uploaded it there.

Jay
Dropboxer
Okay, there's three things you could be referring to.

Either you invited another email address to become a member of the team, meaning they have their own Dropbox account entirely. As the team has ended as you said, the account should still be active, unless you personally deleted it before.

Another possibility is you connected a personal account to your business account using these steps. In any case, another email is needed, so it would still be a separate account.

Finally, you were only using one email address, which you shared the credentials to, for them to upload files directly to your own account.

Is anyone able to login to this account? If not, what error do you get?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Anthonyflux Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?