cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost files

Lost files

Rachel S-J
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

When I went into Dropbox today I found that all my folders and files are gone. I have some shared files and i could see and re-add those but all of my individual folders and files have vanished. I have logged in online using Chrome and Safari and neither come up ith anything. When I go to deleted files there is nothing there. I just have to free version of Dropbox and probably started using it in 2010 or 2011.
Is there anything I can do? There are some really important files.
Thanks for any help!
Rachel

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Rachel S-J, thanks for joining our Community.

Sorry to hear your files are missing. When was the last time you had access to them?

And do you see anything related to those files in your events page?

Keep me posted!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rachel S-J
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah,

I haven't checked these particular files for a while (they were files for a research project which COVID has sadly put seriously on hold), but I certainly had access to them late last year. I looked at my events page, and nothing seems to have happened prior to April of this year and the events that occurred since April do not include these files.

Rachel 

Hannah
Dropboxer
I see. Thanks for the update, Rachel!

May I actually reach out to you via email, so we can investigate together?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rachel S-J
Explorer | Level 3

Sure! And I realized after I responded yesterday that I definitely also accessed some other files in early July of this year - and everything appeared to be there at that time.

Rachel

Hannah
Dropboxer
No worries, Rachel, let's see if there's something we can do. 

I just reached out to you, so make sure to check your emails!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?