cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost files

Lost files

New member | Level 2

Hi, I edited my email address in the settings and a new account was created without access to my files and folders associated with the old email account- what should I do?

3 Replies 3

Re: Lost files

Dropboxer

Hi @hebasadek; thanks for joining our Community!

If you can't find any files within your account, you may have created a new account instead of changing the email address of your original account.

Have you tried logging in using the old email address to see if there's still an account associated with that?

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2
Hi Walter, thanks for following up.
I am certain that I didn’t create a new account because I only used the email edit feature. Moreover, when I try to log in with the old email and password, the system doesn’t recognize my credentials!
I am not sure what to do!
Thanks,
Heba

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional details, Heba. 

Can you let me know the exact message of the error you get when trying to log into that account? When was the last time you accessed the account in question?

Also, can you try searching for the 'Getting Started' pdf file that's stored within your account on our website and see when it was added to your account? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?