cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost files

Lost files

Explorer | Level 3

I backed up all my files to dropbox before doing a full reset on my computer. Went on dropbox and it says I have too many linked computers. So I unlinked all the old computers from my account and I guess since I reset my computer it counted it as a new one. So unlinking my computer(pre-reset) from my account all the files saved on dropbox went with it.

1 Reply 1

Re: Lost files

Dropboxer

Hi there @Robobearto; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear about your missing files. 

Do you remember if the app stated 'up to date' in your system tray/menu bar when you copied or moved your files to Dropbox? This would mean that you're fully synced and those files would be visible through the website as well. 

Can you take a look at your account online and let me know if you can see any sign of your files? 

If you can't find them at all, please take a look at your events page. This is the place where all uploads, edits and deletions are normally logged so it should give you a hint. 

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?