cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost photo files

Highlighted

Lost photo files

New member | Level 2
I've not used Dropbox in quite a while but seem to have lost my photos, possibly under an older email address. Is there a way of retrieving them?
3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Lost photo files

Super User II

@Domp wrote:
I've not used Dropbox in quite a while but seem to have lost my photos, possibly under an older email address. Is there a way of retrieving them?

You would need to know the email address you used for your account, and then try to sign in to your account. If it still exists and you can sign in (after resetting your password if needed) then any files in your account would still be there. However, if you haven't used the account in more than a year, there's a good chance that it was deleted due to inactivity.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
If it was more than a year ago is there no way of retrieving them?
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @Domp, thanks for reaching out to us. 

If your files were removed from your account more than your available recovery window, I'm afraid there's not much we can do to assist. 

You can find more information about recovering deleted files here, and more about inactive accounts in this article

Let us know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?