cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MS Office files in dropbox issues after repairing of laptop

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Everything worked fine before my laptop crashed, and ever since it was repaired, 

1. I cannot open Word docs that are password protected.  I have tried on my laptop with the exact same issue. AND OTHER COMPUTERS it is working just fine.

I tried the workaround of downloading it to my computer (more than once computer) but it never prompts me for my password - it does nothing at all other than sort of open up MS Word.  How has no solution been found for this yet?  I NEED this document and am beyond frustrated.

2. Excel with comments in cells shows exception on opening - workbook opening OK but comments are gone!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: MS Office files in dropbox issues after repairing of laptop

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @SG03 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

As the matter at hand seems to pertain to a 3rd party app (Microsoft Word in this case), I'd suggest reaching out to the developers of this app for further assistance.  

In addition, I'd also try re-installing the software on the affected computer as this might do the trick in some cases.

Let me know if I'm missing something here. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?