cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac slows down on starting with paid Dropbox.

Mac slows down on starting with paid Dropbox.

pmeier
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have to wait on my macs (27" and two 13" Macbook, three and four years old, newest systems) almost 10 to 15 Minutes until i can use other apps, as dropbox syncs so slow the list. After list is loaded, the file syncing is in normal speed.

An update to the next level (where Smartsync is possible) is too expensive.

So what to do?

Best regards

Josef

23 Replies 23

tinam
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I have this problem and have two unusable iMacs - one with memory recently upgraded to 32gb. My laptops are fine my desktops are not and I am not impressed. I don't want to have to use a small screen in the office. I think replacing Dropbox might be the answer.

Rothman and Company
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

where to find out how many files you have in Dropbox folder.  I have a lot there (350 GB), but I don't know how many different files.

pmeier
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thank you for the tips. Meanwhile the 27 Mac had 10th birthday. The books do fine with loading. Only the 27 takes about an hour to load. The Dropbox is 260 GB with lots of photos. The system is refreshed - since then it is 15 minutes more. For this I do not expect a solution anymore. That's computer life. In earlier days, it was much more complicated.

davidsman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been suffering on both my Intel iMacs for years with the same issues.  Takes about 15 to 20 minutes for my Mac to become usable while it waits for Dropbox to "startup" and then sync after.  

Surprise, upgraded one machine to new M1 iMac and the process takes 30 seconds.

I wonder if anyone had to cahoones to delete dropbox and their dropbox folder, and then re-=download the entire filed and see if that fixed the issue?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

davidsman New member | Level 2
    pmeier Explorer | Level 3
    Rothman and Company Explorer | Level 3
    tinam Explorer | Level 4
    mtherien New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?