cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6 Folders on SmartSync are staying local, not Online Only

Highlighted

MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6 Folders on SmartSync are staying local, not Online Only

New member | Level 2

Hello, i'm trying to figure out how to make my Dropbox folders online-only again.  They were all online before, and now my hard drive space is almost full!

My folders currently show green local Folder storage, but there's also a check mark next to the online-only cloud outline just below the green Local.  I do have a non-Mac keyboard and mouse, but i'm not clear on how to change the System Preferences and extensions.  Do I turn the Dropbox Finder Extension on or off?  and even if I turn it off and disconnect the keyboard, won't the problem recur if i attach the keyboard again?

I have to set up my desk ergonomically due to back and wrist issues.

thanks for your help!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6 Folders on SmartSync are staying local, not Online Only

Dropboxer

Hello @JAYee, I hope you're well today!

Are you able to right click a file/folder and choose "Smart Sync - online only" to remove the files from being local again?

If you have any trouble with this, could you send me a screenshot of the multiple sync icons that you mentioned seeing next to your files? 

The visual would be very helpful, just to make sure that we're on the same page.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?