Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Major Uploading Issue - Disconnecting Constantly

Explorer | Level 3

I've been using Dropbox for a few years with no real problems, but as of four or five days ago I noticed that every time my Dropbox Desktop App uploads to the cloud (be it a new document or just the text in a file I use across two computers) the Internet connection for the entire house cuts out, regularly until the files are all uploaded, which causes it to take up to ten minutes to upload what should be a small amount of data.

I notice the app's appearance since these problems started looks different from what I remember it looking the last time I looked, so I can only assume some update has caused this issue to begin. I can't find anyone else with the same problem, though.

I use Dropbox to sync some files I use on two devices, which each use the same program, so I can play around in that program and have my progress saved for when I swap to the other device. This has worked for years, until this week. Now every time the program shuts a file, it automatically uploads and the internet cuts out for all devices in the house. I've been forced to pause syncing at the start of the day and only unpause it when no one is actively using the internet.

Does anyone have any clue as to why this would be happening suddenly?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Major Uploading Issue - Disconnecting Constantly

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Soeroah - happy 2020!

I'm sorry to hear about this; let's have a look now.

As a first step, could you change your bandwidth settings through the desktop app's preferences and let me know if you're still noticing this behavior?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Yes, I've changed my bandwidth settings, turning off throttling, turning on auto-throttling and turning on manual throttling, and even disabled LAN Sync. Same problem is occuring for all of them.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional info and sorry for the late reply @Soeroah.

If you're still experiencing this, may I have you re-install the desktop app on the affected computer(s) and report back with your findings?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?