cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Folders & Files within it Public

Make Folders & Files within it Public

hambone47
Explorer | Level 3

What are the steps needed to make a folder & all fines in that folder public for viewing/executing (videos)?   

3 Replies 3

Re: Make Folders & Files within it Public

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @hambone47,

The first thing coming in mind is create a share link to the folder and put this link in some social media, for example. 😜 Doesn't this work for you? There are many other possibilities but here is the simplest one. 😉

Hope this gives direction.

hambone47
Explorer | Level 3

Actually, I guess I did not explain my problem very well.   I have a video here: https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Panama/GH016508.MP4?role=personal

that should be public (I want anyone to be able to view the video).   Yet, when someone

attempts to view it, it wants viewers to sign-into Dropbox or create an account.   I want it to be transparent.

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @hambone47,

In my previous post I said "first thing coming in mind is create a share link to the folder"! The same is valid for independent files. Did you try it? Seems not!

@hambone47 wrote:

...   I have a video here: https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Panama/GH016508.MP4?role=personal

that should be public (I want anyone to be able to view the video). ...

Your link is NOT shared link and that's why can't be public! Follow the instruction for such types of links and the result gonna be better, for sure. 😉

Hope this helps.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?