cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive rewind error

Massive rewind error

rickwtexas
New member | Level 2

Yesterday at 10:41am I uploaded a packaged indesign folder to DB and shared with a client. They didn't access the files over the course of the day and I continued to make modifications to the job all the way until 7.23pm, when I repackaged the file, deleted the folder on DB, and uploaded the nearly ALL new folder. Around 8.00pm the client went into the folder and accidentally deleted several subfolders, but left the indesign files and the pdf. This morning they asked me to undelete the folders they deleted, so I used REWIND and selected 7.23pm as my target time. Dropbox Rewind restored the folder to the 10.41am condition with the exception of the pdf (which was dated as 7.23pm, the last file created in the new package). 

Surely this is a glitch... i.e. restore only ONE file from the target timed folder, and the rest much older. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Massive rewind error

Mark
Super User II

Had the other files uploaded to Dropbox at that time? Can you see them from the 7pm ish upload at www.dropbox.com/events

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?