cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Business and Personal storage

Merging Business and Personal storage

Explorer | Level 3

Oue club has a business DB account (5TB of storage).  For those board members with a personal account as well, it is now telling us that our own personal accounts are full/almost full.  We have been shared/added to the club (businesss) account with our own personal emails, even when almost empty except for club files.  How can we resolve this issue.  

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Re: Merging Business and Personal storage

Dropboxer

Hey @CazVic, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Can you just clarify for me, were the personal accounts added as members of the Business team, or just a folder from the team was shared with the personal accounts?

Also, can you let me know what plans the accounts receiving the "full" notifications have? You can check this from your account's plan page from here.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

A folder from the team was added to the personal accounts.  The accounts receiving hte 'full' notification are the personal free accounts even though nothing personal has been added.  Seems to be linked to files added to the team account.

Dropboxer

Hi @CazVic; thanks for the clarification. 

Since those accounts are individual ones on the free, Basic plan, this is normal since shared folders do take up space towards each member's account, unless on the same team account. 

You can take a look at the relevant documentation for more information and how to tackle this. 

Let us know how you get on! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

So how can we fix this so that the personal free accounts storage is not affected by the personal business account (that has 5TB of storage).

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?