cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Dropbox and Dropbox Paper

Merging Dropbox and Dropbox Paper

caseyoutdoorobsessions
New member | Level 2

So, apparently the new version of Dropbox erased the ability to keep Paper files and standard files (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.) in the same location. The incompetency here is unreal. I'm an architect and project manager, so I create a folder for each project I design and manage. Prior to the update, for Project A, I was able to put all of my contracts and blueprints in the Project A folder alongside my Paper files. These paper files were things such as Project Notes, Project Checklists, Project To-Do's, and so forth. That way, if one of my team members needed direction on a given day, I could give them the direction via Paper files (by tagging them in the Paper document, giving them checklists, reminders, timelines, etc.) and simultaneously they could open up a PDF of my blueprints right there in the same folder. Now, no more. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? This was a crucial part of my workflow that's now been completely erased. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Merging Dropbox and Dropbox Paper

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @caseyoutdoorobsessions, and welcome to our Community!

When did this issue start happening? If you could also let me know which platform you use to access your Paper files, that'd be amazing. 

Have you recently upgraded or downgraded your Dropbox account?

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?