cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Microsoft Office unspecified Error

Microsoft Office unspecified Error

JK1736
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I purchased a new computer and downloaded Dropbox. I can open JPG and PDF but can not open Microsoft office files like excel or word. I receive a unspecified error. If I go to smart lync and download the office file to local, I can open the files. however it will not pull the files and open them when online only is checked in the smart sync option. Any suggestions? 

13 Replies 13

DeanG
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So is this issue due to be fixed? I have the same problem. Have completely rebuilt the laptop with the same problem.

Villiage13
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Issue seems solved, it’s been a couple weeks and things are running just fine. Uninstalling ad re-installing of MS Office takes literally under 3m.

DeanG
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for that. A de-install of office and re-install seems to have worked.

Would be helpful if Dropbox could put this as a FAQ as it seems a lot of people have the same problem.

JK1736
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Yup I did the same
Need more support?