cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Online will not open when I select "open with excel/word online" in Safari.

Microsoft Online will not open when I select "open with excel/word online" in Safari.

priscilla0789
Explorer | Level 4

It will open when I use chrome - but I'm a typical millennial who loves using my MacBook and Mac products (safari). 

Apple says its a dropbox issue, dropbox says its an Apple issue.

Please help!! I've cleared history, cache, blocked/unblocked 3 party cookies - not sure what else to do.

2 Replies 2

Re: Microsoft Online will not open when I select "open with excel/word online" in Safari.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @priscilla0789, thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with this

I'm glad to hear this works normally on Chrome.

When it comes to Safari, out of curiosity, do you get the same results on a private browsing window with no extensions or plugins running?

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Microsoft Online will not open when I select "open with excel/word online" in Safari.

priscilla0789
Explorer | Level 4

@Walter Yes. I also just tried it on my iPad with safari and works fine. So at least I’m narrowing it down to being an issue with my MacBook safari - but still have no idea how to fix it. 

The only thing I'm thinking is to restore my MacBook to factory settings and start new. Its MacBook is 4 years old and I've only had issues with it. 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

priscilla0789 Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?