cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from Evernote to Dropbox Paper

Migrate from Evernote to Dropbox Paper

Luke G.4
Helpful | Level 5

Dropbox Paper is an ideal candidate to replace Evernote. Here's what would need to happen, I believe, for many folks to make the switch. In order of priority: 

• Import Evernote (.enex) data 
    • (Dropbox Paper is perfect for this, because each Paper doc can contains notes, attachments, and links like Evernote notes do.) 
  • Webclipper 
  • Email to Dropbox Paper

---- 

Why Dropbox Paper would be better than Evernote: 

• Active development
  • Beautiful UI/UX
  • Better collaboration
  • Dropbox is *already* where I keep everything else!
  • Way better device apps, with killer features like scan to document. 
  • Dropbox's bulletproof sync and backup. 
  • (But if I can't get started by moving my data from Evernote to Dropbox Paper, then this is all moot!) 
9 Replies 9

Riliam
Helpful | Level 6

Perfeito, falou tudo.

Realmente não vejo a hora de migrar de vez para o Dropbox Paper, porém, é preciso atentar para oque você fslou.

Espero que a Equipe do Dropbox, analisem com carinho esse POST.

mat_rhein
Explorer | Level 4

Totally agree. Willing to switch the moment it is easy- Dropbox Paper already has amazing options to create text and have documents inline- please consider this suggestion!

ivi4ev
New member | Level 2

Have some Evernote (.enex) files. How could I improt notes to the Paper acc. ? 

Thanks

happytimes
New member | Level 2

Webclipper and I would be over in a heartbeat.  Asana sync integration of tasks and I would be in heaven.  Crossing fingers it comes soon as it would be very helpful for our business.

megablop
New member | Level 2
Agreed. I'm ready to make the switch, but I'm so heavily invested in Evernote, I can't see abandoning what I already have there. Importing .enex data would be the answer for me.

bao
Helpful | Level 6

I also agree that Dropbox Paper is a perfect none taking tool and can replace Evernote.

but I think the 1st problem is that Dropbox doesn't brand Paper as a note taking tool. Check its App Store description. It sounded like its goal is to replace Google Docs. It's made for a team to collaborate on early ideas.

I use Dropbox to manage all my notes today and when I talk to friends about Paper most people didn't know it, and those who knew it never thought about it as a note taking tool (they'll normally say "oh it's never going to replace google docs because everyone is on google docs"). For note taking, they tried Apple notes, Evernote, google keep, OneNote, or Bear, none of those are better than Dropbox Paper and I was able to convince a few of them to switch to Paper, but none of them tried Paper before I told them. That's just my experience.

lynneluvah
Helpful | Level 5

I'm heavily invested in Evernote and use it for various things from web clipping to to-lists to draft writing, etc. But since I already pay to use Dropbox (for sharing projects with clients) and not Evernote, it would make my day to be able to move my years worth of Evernote data directly to Dropbox Paper through an importer tool. There's an IFTTT applet to migrate from Evernote to Dropbox, but that's not Dropbox Paper. Also Dropbox Paper needs to integrate with Dropbox better, but that's another story.

watanabecarcass
Explorer | Level 4

I hope someone in the Dropbox Paper development team is paying attention to this.

I'm a huge fan of Evernote, although I've using it from the very first beta releases I'm 10000% willing to switch to Paper, HOWEVER! as it has been many times posted in this thread, if Dropbox Paper releases a native migrantion app, plugin, tool, assistant, you name it... the very first day I would be using Paper, but as it is now, I need to move years of data and without a heavily automatized tool for that, no way!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Luke G.4, thanks for messaging the Community!

We appreciate the feedback on how to improve our service by having an option to import files from Evernote.

We take all comments into consideration when looking at new ways to integrate with other apps.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    watanabecarcass Explorer | Level 4
    lynneluvah Helpful | Level 5
    bao Helpful | Level 6
    megablop New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?