cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror/Symlink Two Macbook Pro Desktop

Mirror/Symlink Two Macbook Pro Desktop

John-T
Explorer | Level 3

How can I get Dropbox to mirror / sync or symlink both of my MacBooks Desktop, Documents, Music and Download folders so when I modify a file on one computer desktop it will update on the other computer desktop. Both computers are currently backed up to dropbox and have two separate Desktop, Document, Music and Download folders. When I edits file on my 15" MacBook desktop it update within dropbox but not on my 13" MacBook desktop. What I need is both computer having mirrored item like iCloud. I Chat with two dropbox reps on Friday and issues was not fixed. Need help anyone thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mirror/Symlink Two Macbook Pro Desktop

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @John-T; welcome to our Community and thanks for using our computer backup feature!

I'm afraid there's no way to achieve this with Dropbox at this time, but you can post your idea in the relevant section of our Community so that other users can up-vote it to show their interest. 

I hope this clears things up and let us know if you have anything else to add or ask, John. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Mirror/Symlink Two Macbook Pro Desktop

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @John-T; welcome to our Community and thanks for using our computer backup feature!

I'm afraid there's no way to achieve this with Dropbox at this time, but you can post your idea in the relevant section of our Community so that other users can up-vote it to show their interest. 

I hope this clears things up and let us know if you have anything else to add or ask, John. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?