cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Files

Missing Files

SherJoi
New member | Level 2

I moved a lot of files (jpg and mp4) from my phone's SD card to a folder on Dropbox on 2/1/2021.  I checked to make sure they were there and they were.

Yesterday (2/5/2021) I went to the folder to retrieve an mp4 file and the folder is empty and now so is my SD card since I moved them.

I have looked in the deleted folder....they are not there....tried searching for mp4's and they do not show up there either!

Please, please help me with recovery!!

3 Replies 3

Re: Missing Files

Mark
Super User II

How did you move them? If you literally moved them on the phones memory and put them on the card that wont have sync'd to Dropbox. 

Have a look at www.dropbox.com/events to see what has sync'd and when to Dropbox and, if they were deleted within 30 days, recover from there. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SherJoi
New member | Level 2

I connected my phone to the laptop with a cable and moved them to a folder in DB.

In the 'Events' I found where I had created the folder, but no mention of the files being added and the folder says that it is empty.

Mark
Super User II

If events is not showing them up then they've never uploaded to Dropbox online I'm afraid - so for whatever reason there was no syncing. Over space maybe?

BUT! As you connected to a computer they should (unless you deleted the folders already) still be on that computer and in that Dropbox folder. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?