cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Folders and Files

Missing Folders and Files

New member | Level 2

Hey,

I have been using dropbox for years on two different computers, both with dropbox app (Mac and Windwos). I have created a folder with documents which have been uploaded to dropbbox. That folder does not appear on my second computer although it is supposed to be synchronized according to my settings.

All my folders should be available on both PCs according to my sync settings. What could be the reason for this?

1 Reply 1

Re: Missing Folders and Files

Super User II

@Stefkan wrote:

I have been using dropbox for years on two different computers, both with dropbox app (Mac and Windwos). ... All my folders should be available on both PCs according to my sync settings. What could be the reason for this?

Is it the Windows computer that the folders are missing from? If so, make sure you didn't name the folder using characters that would be considered incompatible on a Windows system. There are some characters that can be used on a Mac that are incompatible on Windows.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?