cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Folders

Highlighted
Explorer | Level 3

I was using Dropbox basic when I integrated DB with Zencastr so my audio files could be automatically uploaded.  This pushed me over the storage threshold, and I was notified files were updating.  However, some of my folders with very important documents went missing (I can share folder names if helpful) in the process. I deleted Dropbox desktop and re-installed it (I like the new look, by the way). I've since upgraded to Dropbox Plus and nixed the Zencastr integration, but the files and folders are still gone. 

Is there any way to retrieve them? I've reviewed several articles, but haven't quite found one that maps to this weird scenario.

Thank you,

Jonathan

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Missing Folders

Dropboxer

Hey there @Marzy42; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about your missing files

Can you please let me know if you see any sign of them on our website

If not, can you check your events page to see if they were somehow deleted

Any additional information you think might help will be more than welcome, Jonathan. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for reaching out, Walter.  I tried all of those things and the "Mars Career Enterprises" and "Radical Mentoring" folders are still gone. They don't show up in deleted or on the website.  Is there anything else that can be done? 

Thank you,
Jonathan

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Any thoughts or updates on recapturing these folders/files?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the nudge on this one, @Marzy42.

It might be a long shot, but could you maybe find those folders in your account's sharing tab to add them back to your account? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?