cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing sub folders and photos

Highlighted

Missing Sub folders containing photos

Explorer | Level 3

Hello, 

I've logged into my dropbox to see some old photos of my children, however, when I go in they only have my photos from 2012 of my first child. My subfolders containing more photos and of my second child and both children are no longer there. These were from after 2012.

Where have they gone? I've checked the events as suggested in other chats but there is nothing showing there. 

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Missing Sub folders containing photos

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello there @David Coates, I'm sorry to hear about that!

Can you let me know where you uploaded those newer photos from? Was it from the mobile app, desktop app or website?

When was the last time that you checked these photos in your Dropbox account?

Also, were the folders shared at all?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi,
The photos were uploaded from my old Samsung phone to the mobile app. The files weren’t shared. I can’t remember the last time I noticed them.
I could possible understand if all have gone due to maybe not logging in enough but for just the sub folders to disappear seems rather strange.
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi. Any updates?
Highlighted

Missing sub folders and photos

Explorer | Level 3
Hello,
I've logged into my dropbox to see some old photos of my children, however, when I go in they only have my photos from 2012 of my first child. My subfolders containing more photos and of my second child and both children are no longer there. These were from after 2012.
The photos were uploaded from my old Samsung phone to the mobile app. The files weren’t shared. I can’t remember the last time I noticed them.
I could possible understand if all have gone due to maybe not logging in enough but for just the sub folders to disappear seems rather strange.
Where have they gone? I've checked the events as suggested in other chats but there is nothing showing there.
Highlighted

Re: Missing sub folders and photos

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @David Coates, thanks for the additional information. 

Could it be that the photos were uploaded to a different Dropbox account? 

You can check this by having a look at the email address you used to sign in on the website and the mobile app:

• Website - your General tab in your Settings.
  • Mobile app - Account tab (iOS) or Settings (Android).

Let us know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?