cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Videos

Missing Videos

Shayemus
Explorer | Level 3

I recently deleted Dropbox of my hard drive and when I did it deleted a lot of my files with it. In an attempt to restore what was deleted I reinstalled Dropbox and most of my files were restored, however for some reason all of my videos did not restore. Is there any way for me to recover my videos or are they gone for good? I would very much like to get these vids back so any help would be apprecitated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing Videos

Jay
Dropboxer
If that's the case, then it means that the videos were either deleted outside of 30 days ago, or never sync to the Dropbox site.

This means that it wouldn’t be possible to recover them from the site. However, it might be possible to recover the files from the local machine from the recycle bin, or using a third party app or service to do so.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Shayemus, thanks for joining the Community!

Do you know if you enabled the computer backup feature on your device?

Are you able to see the missing files in the events page, or restore them from the deleted files page?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Shayemus
Explorer | Level 3

It shows that I have the computer backup enabled. 

When I go to the deleted files page it is completely empty and the events page does not have my videos listed. All of my pictures are there, but not videos. 

Jay
Dropboxer
If that's the case, then it means that the videos were either deleted outside of 30 days ago, or never sync to the Dropbox site.

This means that it wouldn’t be possible to recover them from the site. However, it might be possible to recover the files from the local machine from the recycle bin, or using a third party app or service to do so.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?