cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing files and folders

Highlighted

Missing files and folders

New member | Level 2

A lot of files and folders have disappeared from the Dropbox folder on my pc without any warning or any trace of what happened to them. I noticed the problem last Thursday and immediately paused syncing to stop the files from going missing in the cloud as well. I was able to download some of them from the cloud storage but some had already disappeared. How could this have happened?? I use Dropbox as my personal backup solution for important work projects so I am extremely stressed at the moment. How do I determine what happened to the files and folders and how do I get them back? Was this caused by the update that happened on 22 September 2020?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Missing files and folders

Dropboxer

Hi @NicoleWeyer, thanks for posting on the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this. An update to the app wouldn't have deleted any files form your account. Could you try and recover the missing files from this page online?

If you recover a file from there, you can check the version history here to see where the file was deleted from, which might help shed some light on this matter.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?