cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing files from last year

Missing files from last year

MeRLiN4U
Explorer | Level 3

Well hi there, I have two Dropbox accounts & one is from my work so it is a pro version & this one is free for my cellphone.

I have lost photos from last year 2020 and whole november 2020 is missing for me & even december 2020, that is very bad so I do not know what has happened & I use to copy them to a folder so this is the free version that I earned.

The pro version I dont have to do anything because it is another account so it goes in to the server directly but I cant use that private.

I hope you can help me somehow & I really do not know why there was none of the pictures from november-december 2020 just pooooof gone.

I have not changed anything in my pc or on my iPhone.

Thanks, /M

11 Replies 11

Re: Missing files from last year

Mark
Super User II

Can you see them being added at www.dropbox.com/events ? 

Was it via Camera Uploads?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MeRLiN4U
Explorer | Level 3

Yes this free version of 12gb is only by the camera to the Dropbox application to the PC, I have tried to look at the possibileties that it would install the pictures somewhere else on the PC but no.

/M

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @MeRLiN4U!

Just to clarify, did you see that these files had been uploaded to Dropbox around that time (ie. November/December), and they're only missing recently?

Like Mark suggested, do you see the photos being uploaded to your account if you check around these dates in your Events page online?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MeRLiN4U
Explorer | Level 3

Yes they where there in november-december but  since I looked there was nothing, I have found a couple of pictures from 2020-12-31 so a lot are missing so I wonder what can have happened.

I take a picture & after a while I put them through Dropbox to come into my PC, I am a little frustrated that I am missing two whole months when I take pictures of my kids etc so this was bad.

Thanks for the help, I have transfered my pictures from the folder dropbox before to another folder that I have all my pictures but there was none november or december in the folder so I was shocked & what could have happened because nothing is changed.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info @MeRLiN4U!

Could you have a look at the Events page just after these dates, and see if there are any deletion events or other moves after you moved the files to the other folder?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MeRLiN4U
Explorer | Level 3

I looked but there was nothing on november nor december, chilli thing....

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @MeRLiN4U, if you're not seeing the missing files on the deleted files page or events page, then there's a few possibilities as to where the files might be:

- The files were deleted outside of the 30 day period.
- They were on a shared folder you don't have access to any more.
- The files were permanently deleted.
- The files are on another Dropbox account

I'd recommend checking to see if you have another Dropbox account under another email you might be using to see if the images are stored there instead, and also checking if there's any shared folders you were a member of in the past and are now no longer part of.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

MeRLiN4U
Explorer | Level 3

I have looked at all the above & checked all folders even but with no succes, I looket at the date and my daughter changed my drive from win7 to the win10 so this might be the issue.

I wont find the pictures so I just have to let it go, thanks for a great support & I will still use this free version with my phone today & the other 2Tb + 2Tb that I use pro at work is still perfect but I dont use that one at home.

Best Regards, /M

Jay
Dropboxer
If the files are missing, you could try using a third party app or service to try to recover the files from the machine, since there might still be a record of them after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?