cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing files

CarlaRH
Explorer | Level 3

I installed dropbox on my mac desktop and files have disappeared, what do I do?

14 Replies 14

Mark
Super User II

What does www.dropbox.com/events show?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

CarlaRH
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox events shows this

IMG_7070.jpeg

CarlaRH
Explorer | Level 3

I have an email, that you reply to my problem but I can´t see your post. So I don´t know if you answer or not 

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello there @CarlaRH!

If you do a search in your account for the missing files, do you find them in Dropbox?

Also, just to clarify, does the events page show the files/folder that you're missing as being deleted?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CarlaRH
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Neither in the missing files search or the events page appear any of the missing files.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Can you confirm for me if the missing files were in your Dropbox account already, when you installed it to your computer @CarlaRH?

Or were these files from your computer's Desktop, Downloads or Documents folders?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CarlaRH
Explorer | Level 3

It was in my computer in the Documents folder.

Daphne
Dropboxer
It sounds like you might have enabled the computer backup feature then @CarlaRH.

Can you try disabling the backup with the steps outlined at the bottom of this article?

In step 6, choose to keep the files on the computer instead of Dropbox, and then check in your Documents folder on your computer for the missing files.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

CarlaRH
Explorer | Level 3

I have done it as you indicated. First nothing appeared, but in 1 minute or so this files appear. Captura de pantalla 2021-02-12 a las 2.24.31.png

I opened and inside was an another file, this one.

Captura de pantalla 2021-02-12 a las 2.24.38.png

But when I tried to open the second one looks like it comes back to the first file. Like this.

Captura de pantalla 2021-02-12 a las 2.24.31.png

And I come back and foward but the same thing happens.

Need more support?