cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing files

beccauk
New member | Level 2

I am missing several videos from my personal DropBox account. These are videos of my son as a baby - so I know I would never delete them - so I am not sure where they would have disappeared to. I have looked in the deleted folder and the Events page but can't see anything in there. 

I admittedly don't access this folder often and have changed devices a couple of time in the last year. I chose Dropbox to save these precious vids so that I wouldn't have to worry about losing anything should I change device.

I quite upset as (as you can imagine) they are of very sentimental value to me -  I would appreciate any advice. I only have the free service, but if upgrading will help find these missing files, then I will happily upgrade. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Missing files

Mark
Super User II

Hi @beccauk 

Unfortunately if they are not showing in Events or deleted files that means they were deleted or removed over 6 months ago and so unrecoverable. Even paying for an upgrade now will not change that. 

However, have you tried a search for the files instead just to make sure they've not been moved accidentally? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?