cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing finder Smart Sync icons

Missing finder Smart Sync icons

alderking
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This morning for some reason all the Smart Sync icons in finder windows have disappeared. Syncing is still functional, but the icons are gone. I've restarted, re-installed the app, toggled "enable Finder integration" on and off, all with no result.

Any ideas?

16 Replies 16

Creative Soul
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Okay I just relaunched the Finder and all my icons appeared again. I don't think the issue is DropBox... the issue is with Finder.  Sometimes toggling the view at the top of the window works (icons / list / columns)... it seems as though Finder needs 'refreshing' to see the icons.

MB-21
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That worked perfectly Creative Soul! As soon as I launched force quit I could see the problem with "Dropbox Finder Extension". I just quit that and relaunched finder and all was back to normal. This has been driving me crazy for weeks, I've been having to use the web browser to share links as the options keep disappearing in Finder. Thank you! 

Mamigon
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am having the same issue.  I did all the things listed here, and the sync icons still not showing.  What should I do?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Mamigon, could you clarify exactly what steps you've taken so far? Does this include quitting other apps that use sync icons (such as other cloud providers)?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

andyleonard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've read through the previous comments.  Tried all of them getting nowhere.  Using an Mac Studio

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @andyleonard, sorry to jump in, but could you send us a screenshot of the desktop app's exact status and version as shown in your menu bar and another one of how the files in your Dropbox folder look like on your computer? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

lynmac
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

May want to try this solution proposed in another thread:

Source: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/View-download-and-export/Sync-icons-missing-in-the-Dropbox-folder-in...

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 12.27.14 PM.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lynmac Collaborator | Level 8
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    andyleonard New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Mamigon Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?