cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing old photos after upgrading account for more space. Where are my files?

Missing old photos after upgrading account for more space. Where are my files?

Explorer | Level 3

I started using Dropbox since 2013 and had all of the important photos uploaded. When I reached my storage limit, I subcribed and continued using Dropbox. Then I realized the photos from 2013-2016 are all gone. Where are they? I for sure never deleted any. I'm assuming Dropbox deleted them? Where can I find these photos?

10 Replies 10

Re: Missing old photos

Dropboxer

Hey there @Khwang112, I'm sorry to hear about that!

Are these missing photos the only files that you had in your account, or do you still see other previous files there?

If you're missing all but your recent files, is it possible you upgraded a different account by mistake?

Also, if you check in your Events page here, do you see any events related to the missing files?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Hi Daphne!

And yes, the missing photos were the only ones in the file. And i cannot have upgraded different account. This is the only account I've ever had. I tried going through the event page but then I’d have to scroll down for a long long time to reach the date i want.

New member | Level 2

it happens to me too.. all my file is missing.. and  i cannot get it back.. when i click the event page.. no activities there..

Dropboxer

Hi @Khwang112, do you see any of the missing files on the deleted files page, if they were deleted within the last 30 days, in order to see if you can recover them?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
@Jay,

The thing is, i never deleted those files. So no, they are not in the deleted folder.. its just all my precious memories gone thanks to unreliable Dropbox.

Dropboxer

Hey @Khwang112 and @ceksu soullu, could it be that they were stored in a different account?

Since each Dropbox account is associated with one email address, check which one you're currently signed in with. 

You can see that from the General tab in your online settings.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3
@Lusil

As mentioned before, I’ve never made another account so that’s cant be the case for me.. just few months ago, i was able to access them. It just disappeared. Its very upsetting

Dropboxer

Since you mentioned that you upgraded your account @Khwang112, can you let me know what plan your account is currently under?

You can double check this from here.

At this point I might suggest reaching out to our Support team, with the options available to you depending on your plan are here.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3
@Daphne

Currently, my plan is under the free trial plan. I discontinued the upgraded plan after finding out lot of the pictures has disappeared. I cannot trust Dropbox anymore. Unless you guys can magically find those pictures.
Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?