cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing only one folder from my Dropbox account

Missing only one folder from my Dropbox account

jmeijer
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I had a project account that I was paying for that I didn't use very often, so I decided not to continue paying the annual fee. I have a folder with quite a lot of Dutch e-book files that has gone missing from my Dropbox. Any idea if this folder is gone forever, or if I upgrade, it will magically reappear? I'm quite sad to have lost all of these books, and while not catastrophic, a bit disappointing. 

jmeijer_0-1613402378675.png

6 Replies 6

Re: Missing only one folder from my Dropbox account

Mark
Super User II

Not paying doesnt delete files or folders, however, it would stop you from restoring. 

However, before you do that what is www.dropbox.com/events showing about the folder - when was it deleted? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jmeijer
New member | Level 2

Hi,

Oddly enough, there is nothing about this on my Events list. Only two photos that I recently deleted, but from a different folder. 

Mark
Super User II

When did you last access those files? I wonder if they never actually uploaded due to you being over quota

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jmeijer
New member | Level 2

The folder is from a few years ago, and I just recently converted back from a paid account. 

Walter
Dropboxer

In that case, do you maybe see this folder in your account's 'Shared' tab @jmeijer?

If you see it listed there, you'll have the option to add it back to your account through the ellipsis (...) button.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jmeijer
New member | Level 2

Hi,

No, I don't see the folder anywhere. Not in the deleted files list, not in events, not in shared. I am afraid it might be lost for good. It is the oddest thing, really. Even if I accidentally hit "delete" on this folder, I would have realized the error of my ways at the delete confirmation step.  This wasn't the most important folder that I have, but there were a lot of books in there that I won't be able to get back, as the online book club I belong to only allows downloads for 2 months at time, and these books go back to 2017. It might remain a mystery, I'm afraid. 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?