cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing photos

Missing photos

Jesmaryparra
Explorer | Level 3
I logged in to my account and all of my files were missing. What can I do?
8 Replies 8

Re: Missing photos

Afa1afa
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, me also. I have lost all photos. And don't know how to restore

Missing large numbers of files

joechen
New member | Level 2

I just installed Dropbox , and then i found most of my files are missing, where are those files move to? I can't find it in the dropbox file(either deleted items or elsewhere). Please help me, all my  business-related files are there.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey peeps; thanks for joining the Community and sorry to hear about your missing files.

Can you please take a look at your deleted files page and the events page too? Do you see any sign of them there? 

If you can't find them there, could it be that you're looking at another account of yours?

Keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jesmaryparra
Explorer | Level 3
I checked and theres nothing. I had thousands of pictures and not a single one is left.

Walter
Dropboxer

How long has it been since the last time you remember seeing them @Jesmaryparra?

If it's been more than a year, could it be that the account in question was closed due to inactivity?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jesmaryparra
Explorer | Level 3
It has been a while since ive seen them but i was constantly on my account so im not sure why it would have been closed. Is there anyway to get those pictures back?

Mark
Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing @Jesmaryparra ? Does that show activity? If not it means the account was deleted after a year of inactivity OR you have accidentally set up and logged in to a new account. 

If the account has been deleted I'm afraid the files are not recoverable. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Jesmaryparra, as @Mark suggested, it might no longer be possible to recover the deleted files on your account.

If they don't show up on the deleted files or events page, then it means that you either have accessed a different Dropbox account, or they were deleted so long ago that the history can't view the deletions.

If this is a Basic account, then you'd only have 30 days to recover the files, and likewise the same for the support team, so, unfortunately, it wouldn't be possible to restore them.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?