cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing very important file, last accessed about 2 months ago. No trace on history/deleted/events

Highlighted

Missing very important file, last accessed about 2 months ago. No trace on history/deleted/events

Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

need an assistance from Dropbox to recover a very important, password related file (Trezor).

"Aplicativos / TREZOR Password Manager" folder is empty and there is no sign whatsoever of any activity on it. How come?

I've used this file on July and everything was fine.

I've also tried upgrading to be able to recover files deleted under 180 days, but to no avail.

Please help.

Thank you

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Missing very important file, last accessed about 2 months ago. No trace on history/deleted/ev...

Dropboxer

Hi @dlindgren, thanks for messaging the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this. It sounds like this was a file used by a third party app linked to Dropbox, since it was stored in that folder. Is it possible that this app deleted the file without your knowing?

If so, then since you last saw it in July, then it might have been permanently deleted from your account if it isn't visible on the deleted files page. As you've discovered, upgrading to a paid plan won't help to recover deleted files older than 30 days.

Have you tried contacting the developer of that app if they have any more information on this matter?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?