cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Photo file transfer to laptop

Mobile Photo file transfer to laptop

Jake652
New member | Level 2
I am a baby Dropbox user so please be gentle? When my Dropbox mobile App shows files and pics backed up does it mean they’re also in the laptop Dropbox? Or do I have to send them there?
Also, is there anyway to save text conversations from my iPhone to Dropbox and ultimately to my laptop?
I can’t figure out how to save or print important text conversations without keeping in my phone.
Lastly, when I am “uploading” files or pics where am I sending them?
Thanks so very much
2 Replies 2

Re: Mobile Photo file transfer to laptop

Yuikol
Collaborator | Level 8

Hello Jake and Welcome!

1) "When my Dropbox mobile App shows files and pics backed up does it mean they’re also in the laptop Dropbox? Or do I have to send them there?"

It means they are backed up to the Dropbox servers. Offline files mean a local copy is saved on your device.

2) Also, is there anyway to save text conversations from my iPhone to Dropbox and ultimately to my laptop?

I am a Android user so I'm unsure, but I screenshot any important conversations anyway. Screenshots get auto backed up if you have camera uploads turned on.

3) Lastly, when I am “uploading” files or pics where am I sending them?

They are being stored on Dropbox servers. Meaning you can access them on any device that's connected to the internet.

Re: Mobile Photo file transfer to laptop

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Jake652, welcome to our Community and happy Friday!

Sorry to be jumping in here, but I just wanted to add a few things. 

If you're running the desktop app on your laptop, then, you should be able to find the files that have been backed up by the mobile app on your phone in your computer's Dropbox folder.

Just make sure it shows 'up to date' in your menu bar/system tray which means it's fully synced.

When it comes to the conversations you mentioned, can you clarify to what type of files you're referring to?

If it's for text messages, have you considered copying and pasting them in a Paper doc?

I hope this helps and please let us know how you get on!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Yuikol Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?