cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modified timestamp not updating

Highlighted

Modified timestamp not updating

Explorer | Level 3

Whenever I upload a file with same name in my dropbox, I don't see the 'Modified' timestamp being updated. Ideally, whenever we replace the existing file by uploading, it should prompt a message saying similar file already exists and if we proceed, it should accept the file updating the time and date.

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Modified timestamp not updating

Dropboxer

Hi @ronitverma, thanks for messaging the Community!

Are you referring to uploading a file to your Dropbox account via the site, or by overwriting a file in the Dropbox folder itself which then uploads to the site?

This will help me assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
By overwriting a file in the Dropbox folder itself which then uploads to the site.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

The modification date should sync across when you do this. Does the modification date change in the Dropbox folder?

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

No, it doesn't... tested multiple times.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

If the date isn't updating within the Dropbox folder locally, it might be that the OS isn't updating the timestamp of the file.

Just to double check, can you replicate this outside the Dropbox folder when overwriting a file?

If there OS isn't updating the date of the file then this won't reflect in Dropbox either when syncing.

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hey,

As I said, Issue was with timestamp update on the Dropbox in browser and not locally.
Issue seems to be resolved when I tried uploading my file today again. I am not sure of the Root Cause here though.

Thanks for your help and support.

Ronit

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?