cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Months of work disappeared from spreadsheet

Months of work disappeared from spreadsheet

New member | Level 2

I went to edit my monthly budget spreadsheet and the last three months were gone. I edit the documents through google sheets which saved to the dropbox file. That's how i have been doing it for the past two months after getting a new tablet. Now all of a sudden the work is gone. It's not on my google drive or google sheets either. I did not delete anything. I only access it once a month and I make sure it says "saved" at the top. When i clicked recent activity it shows that I edited the spreadsheet last month, but the edits are not there. I tried a different laptop (Mac) and same thing. Any one else have this issue? or know how to solve it? there seems to be no customer support on these type of issues.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Re: Months of work disappeared from spreadsheet

Collaborator | Level 8

@MS1619 

Oof. Your experience is eeriely similar to mine, which I likewise have difficulty getting help with.

The only two things I have knowledge of that you could try is to see if there was any conflicting copies or to go back into your document's version history. Unfortunately, that isn't always a solid fix as I have noticed myself. 

New member | Level 2
@Black_Ecstasy I appreciate the advice! I will give that a try! Thank you

Collaborator | Level 8

You're welcome! 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?