cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most of my data seems to be missing after a dropbox transfer

Most of my data seems to be missing after a dropbox transfer

GerryVB
New member | Level 2

I just bought a new computer, and am looking to junk my original computer.

I was walked through the process of transferring files from my old computer via dropbox with the dropbox wizard.

I selected the folders from my old computer (close to 20GB).  It took hours to upload, and my new computer set about syncing the data.

I had a few folders of data in dropbox from before, but there is a "My Dropbox Move" folder, which I assume should have all of my transferred files.  Instead, I only have a few empty folders.  Everything is gone from the original computer, and it appears to be gone forever.  Both computers show that dropbox is up to date.

I very much HATE Dropbox right now!   Please, somebody tell me I am missing something simple.

1 Reply 1

Re: Most of my data seems to be missing after a dropbox transfer

GerryVB
New member | Level 2

edit:  I found my thousands of files in the "Deleted Files" tab.  I am not sure how that happened, but I was able to hit "Restore" and there they are!  😉

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?