cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving files around Dropbox Account

Moving files around Dropbox Account

Karl Elmy
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, new to Dropbox and trying to move files and folders around within my Account. I'm logged into Dropbox and are selecting the file or folder, selecting Move, and selecting the folder I want to move to. However, the moved documents show in the new folder but when I go out of it and back into it, they have disappeared and are back in the original folder. Such a simple thing to do but I cannot work it out! Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Re: Moving files around Dropbox Account

Yuikol
Collaborator | Level 8

What folders are you trying to move? Are they default back up folders like camera uploads, documents, desktop, ect?

Karl Elmy
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Yuikol, not backup files, they are just documents in one of my own created folders. I'm literally just cleaning up my filing structure and moving documents around from folder to folder. My wife and I share the same account, could it be an issue with us both logged into the same account on different devices at the same time? For such a simple step, it's taking up hours of time trying to work it out. Thanks.

VanessaHuff
Explorer | Level 3

May be this reply is helpful for all who visit this https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/sort-preview/move-reviews .

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

VanessaHuff Explorer | Level 3
    Karl Elmy Explorer | Level 3
    Yuikol Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?