cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Moving photos from a home page file to a photo album??

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

When I right click on the file, it does not give me an option to "create an album" from the file as the tutorial says. There is a move option, but it links back to the home page files. Most of my files are photo files, I want to move them to photo albums.

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: Moving photos from a home page file to a photo album??

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there

Sorry for the delay - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I'd love an answer to this question.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I would really love an answer to this question

Highlighted

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Dropbox "albums" are about to go away, if they go away with "carousel".

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I would love to know this as well! I don't use Carousel, but I have a Dropbox Photos folder that seems to be in a totally different place than my Files folder. I can't add Dropbox Photos to desktop sync (Mac Yosemite). I would love to go through the photo files in my Files folder (organized under various subfolders such as Blogpics, etc.) and drag and drop them into albums in Dropbox photos. But apparently there is no easy way to do that? There's no "Upload" button in Photos or Photo albums the way there is in the Files area of Dropbox. Somebody help!

Highlighted

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

I want to be able to easily translate those folders into albums - Jae Senji

What does Jae mean?  To me a "folder" and an "album" are just different names for the same thing.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Rick M. - Are you kidding me with that question?! Jae is my name which is completely obvious! Are you ok? Also, there are FOLDERS that can have any type of files in them, and then there are ALBUMS that are specially created by the user and have referenced photos only in them. They are definitely not the same thing.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Rick M. - Also, why are you referencing a quote from a comment I had left here ("I want to be able to easily translate those folders into albums - Jae Senji") that Dropbox has already removed from this thread due to me copying and pasting the same comment to a few other threads related to these photo issues? If you're going to reference my comment, either first re-implement my comment here in this thread so readers can see what you're referring to, or go to the thread where my comment still remains and respond to it there.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?