cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving shared folders without giving access to those not already granted access

Moving shared folders without giving access to those not already granted access

Emmag663
New member | Level 2

I work for a law firm and am trying to clean up our firm's dropbox by moving certain folders into other folders. I do not want those that do not already have access to these folders to gain access and do not want to attempt to move them without being sure that the current permissions will remain the same. Has anyone done something like this before?

1 Reply 1

Re: Moving shared folders without giving access to those not already granted access

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @Emmag663, thanks for posting in the Dropbox Community!

Are you talking about team folders in a Dropbox Business account or simple shared folders?

Because if it's just simple shared folders, you won't be able to move folders that are shared to other shared folders.

Things are different with 'team' folders. You can have different sharing permissions on subfolders of team folders.

In a Dropbox Business team, if you move a folder that has, for example, 5 members to a folder that the whole team can access, the subfolder will only be accessed by the people that already had access (those 5 people).

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?