cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple folders, changing file locations

Multiple folders, changing file locations

Explorer | Level 3

I use dropbox in Windows 10 with multiple internal and external drives (as well as on two iPads and an iPhone. I only own one account.

I have at least three dropbox folders on my PC. The app wants to be on my boot drive, (C) but that's my system SSD and it will fill up. I have lots of space on other drives and tried to sync there but by moving my sync location (to connected drive G) there are already TWO dropbox folders there and it will create YET ANOTHER dropbox folder! When I check the app the menu still goes to my C drive though I have used the preferences to move to G.  It keeps creating new folders on that drive. Ther will be many GB's of duplicates, but this condition has existed for a while.  I'm afraid to lose files by moving and deleting the C drive folder, or one or two of the existing G folders.

How can I
1) Make sure all unique files are protected in all locations
2) Permanently move syncing to ONE folder in my G drive

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Re: Multiple folders, changing file locations

Dropboxer

Hey @andante147; thanks for using Dropbox!

Can you please confirm that you're using these steps to move your Dropbox folder to another drive through the app's preferences? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?