cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Desktop/Document folders are disappeared

My Desktop/Document folders are disappeared

alikgs
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I logged in after awhile and dropbox forced me (why??) to create a team on dropbox business trial plan and it tried to sync my desktop and document folders to dropbox. I canceled the business plan in the middle of the process and now my desktop, document and downloads folders are missing from my computer and they aren't anywhere (even in deleted files section on dropbox). In my folders they be shown like this and when I want to open them the error pops up "The operation can't be completed because the original item for "Desktop" can't be found. 

alikgs_0-1617542064317.png

alikgs_1-1617542075461.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alikgs
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Okay, dropbox just tried syncing my folders and made them disappear from my mac. I could see them on the web but couldn't find them on my finder. here's the solution. from the top menu click on the dropbox icon, click on one of these folders' files that are syncing and your hidden folder appears on the dropbox folder on your mac. Copy the folder to your mac and stop syncing your home folders.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

alikgs
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Okay, dropbox just tried syncing my folders and made them disappear from my mac. I could see them on the web but couldn't find them on my finder. here's the solution. from the top menu click on the dropbox icon, click on one of these folders' files that are syncing and your hidden folder appears on the dropbox folder on your mac. Copy the folder to your mac and stop syncing your home folders.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

alikgs New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?