cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox keeps automatically uploading folders in my desktop

My Dropbox keeps automatically uploading folders in my desktop

Westernmountain
New member | Level 2

Dear all,

I have an annoying problem. Dropbox keeps automatically uploading Documents and Download folders on server. When I installed the app, I did set up back up of three folders including those two. Those folders had small Dropbox symbols in their icons. Then I didn't want this anymore because I didn't want the folders are accessible from other devices, so I removed the backups, and the symbols were gone. I also deleted the uploaded folders from my Dropbox storage. But the two of the three folders, Documents and Downloads, keep being uploaded nonetheless. I deleted the app and reinstalled it and skipped setting up back ups in the beginning, but the folders started to be uploaded again!

In Settings of the desktop app, it says I don't have any folders that are set up for backup. But Dropbox doesn't stop synchronizing those two folders. This is very annoying since the folders are big in size and I get bombed with notifications everytime it starts. What is the problem and how can I fix this??

Thanks,

San

1 Reply 1

Re: My Dropbox keeps automatically uploading folders in my desktop

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi @Westernmountain, thanks for reaching out!

Since you mentioned that you have the backup disabled, can you try moving the files out of the "My PC/My Mac" folder?

If you're getting any error messages at all, please send along a screenshot of this.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?