cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Folders were last updated 25 days ago, why won't they update ?

Highlighted

My Folders were last updated 25 days ago, why won't they update ?

Explorer | Level 3

I installed Dropbox a month ago but it will not Update any of my folders to what is in them now. When I hover on the Icon in my Taskbar it says, "90.4.307 Up to date".

But when I Open up Dropbox and look at the contents of my folders they are just the same as the were the day I 1st installed the program, nothing has changed or updated ??

I'm only using 21.8% of 27 GB so its not like I've ran out of space.

How can I make it update the contents of the Folders ? 

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @brainpup, thanks for posting on the Community!

Let’s look into this in more detail. Could you confirm that have actually edited files already in your Dropbox folder?

Could you try navigating to the Dropbox folder and edit a small file in that folder and see if it sync to the site?

If this for all files in your Dropbox account, or only for a specific folder? Are you using shared folders by any chance?

Any info you can provide would help me greatly!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey Jay, let me explain my situation and see if you can advise me how to correct the problem or maybe tell me that Dropbox is not what I thought it was for.

Okay I buy a ton of stuff from Amazon and I do reviews of the things I buy...so I have a folder called "Things that need to be reviewed" and a folder called "Things that i have reviewed"....well as time goes buy (on a daily basis) items change from one folder to the other (as I do reviews and as I buy new stuff) well neither of these 2 folders have updated one single time from when I first installed Dropbox about 2 months ago.  Right now the folders both say "added 2 months ago" and then when I check under  the stuff thats listed under "Starred" those folder both say, "Starred 26 days ago". But neither of them have updated once.

is there something I need to do to force them to sync up ? 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I uninstalled and then reinstalled Dropbox and it still does not update any of my folders from over 2 months ago and a lot of things have changed in them.

Do you have to pay for a Premium version to get it to update ?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

It sounds like the files are either not located in the Dropbox folder, or the Dropbox desktop application isn’t syncing correctly.

Do you see any sync icons on those files? Could you forward a screenshot showing these files in Explorer/Finder? Thanks!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

all of my files are in the dropbox folder, but none of them have ever synced up since the 1st time I put the files into dropbox. none of the folders have been updated to their new contents. They are al the same way they were when I 1st put them in.

Maybe this application does not do what I thought it was supposed to ?? I was hoping that it would update my files everytime I ran the program instead all it is, is a repository of my files that I can share with another computer, but never get them updated to the folders current content...which is no differnt than any other kind of Cloud storage...I already have One Drive and Google Drive.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

If the files are not syncing, then it means that the Dropbox desktop application isn’t running, or there is an error in syncing.

When you hover over the Dropbox icon in the system tray/menu bar, what messages do you see there? Could you forward a screenshot of the message?

Another screenshot showing the files in your Dropbox folder on your computer would also help greatly!

Jay

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?