cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MP3 files are not playable any more

My MP3 files are not playable any more

CCons4
Explorer | Level 3

I have been storing shared MP3 files on my Android's Dropbox for years but very recently none of them will play. I am redirected to open them with Zoom, which fails. When I delete Zoom a message says that I have no means of opening MP3. Help please!

4 Replies 4

Re: My MP3 files are not playable any more

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @CCons4, welcome to our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Just to make sure we're troubleshooting the right thing here, could you check if you can preview those files normally through a web browser on your device? 

If you get any specific error along the way, please send us a screenshot so that we can have a visual too.

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CCons4
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Walter, I just tried to play them from the web browser, and they play!So I am very pleased. But not through the app....weird.
The message I get on the app says: "Couldn't open...
Please download an app that supports this kind of file or try opening it on a computer to edit. "

Rich
Super User II

@CCons4 wrote:

I am redirected to open them with Zoom, which fails. When I delete Zoom a message says that I have no means of opening MP3.

Check to make sure you have a default music app set within Android's settings.

CCons4
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks Rich. Any suggestions? I have tried two so far and neither play Dropbox files without me having to transfer them in individually.
Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CCons4 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?