cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Quicken database backup isn't syncing to my colleague

My Quicken database backup isn't syncing to my colleague

Pinewood
New member | Level 2

A colleague and I share Quicken backups so that we can both use Quicken with the latest information.  But the backup is not transferring from his computer to mine.  How do I "download" the file?  I've clicked on the "refresh" button but that doesn't seem to do anything.  I have told it to stop syncing and then restarted syncing, but the file still does not transfer.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   THANKS!!

3 Replies 3

Re: syncing or sharing files

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Pinewood, thanks for posting on the Community!

Let’s see what’s preventing the sync here. Since you mentioned this is a Quicken backup, and not the live database, then it should sync fine. Is it possible that the backup is somehow active on the original machine?

Does quitting Quicken directly allow it to sync? What color is the sync icon showing on the database in the Dropbox folder on your machine? A screenshot of this would help greatly!

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: syncing or sharing files

Pinewood
New member | Level 2

Hi! Jay,

Thanks for your very speedy reply!!   My colleague has closed Quicken and left Dropbox open.   But the last time my computer received the “Backup” was on 2/17 and he has put backups into his Dropbox folder three times since then – the last time this morning.

I thought that putting the backup into the Dropbox folder would cause the file to be transferred to Dropbox.com, and then it would be available to me even if his computer was off.  Is that wrong?

A few days ago I tried “unlinking” and “relinking” and then had him do that as well.  That was when I got the 2/17 backup.  We shouldn’t have to do that every time!!!

There is no colored icon on my Dropbox folder or icon 

Thanks again for your help!!!

Re: My Quicken database backup isn't syncing to my colleague

maybaum
New member | Level 2

I have the same issue with using Quicken on three machines. My primary, my office and my wife.  I get a blue sync arrow but unable to see the file on any computer other than the one I uploaded the file from.

Need more support?