cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account says it doesn't have enough space - but it's brand new?

Highlighted

My account says it doesn't have enough space - but it's brand new?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My company sent me a link. I opened a new account and it says that I dont have enough storage. How is this possible? 

Why does Dropbox not have some that you can talk too???????

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: help

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Nadine567, welcome to the Community!

Not to worry we're here to help - and you can also always reach us via our other support channels, here.

Now, your Dropbox quota is calculated based on the total contents of your Dropbox, which includes shared folders. If you are currently on a Basic plan, you have 2 GB of total available storage, and so if you were invited to a folder larger than that it would explain the error you are getting.  

If so, you can ask your company to share the content with you via a shared link, so that it won't take up space on your account. 

You can also review your account's space in the Plan tab of your settings. 

Let me know if this helps or if I have misunderstood and we'll continue working on this together. 

Thanks!

Celeste
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Re: help

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Nadine567,

Take a look here.

Hope this gives some idea.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?